Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2011

Lecture: Fantasy - Definition, History, Characteristics and Meaning

In May I had the honor of giving a talk at the University of Aachen, in which I was given the task to present the genre of fantasy within one hour´s length. The text of this lecture is online now after Dr. Margaret Hiley was so kind to turn my Pidgin English into something presentable. Thanxalot, Meggie!

The talk is a condensed version of thoughts and insights I have published about Fantasy scattered over various articles and books over the last ten years. So if you have been reading the respective articles on polyoinos, you won´t find very much new stuff. But you will find my arguments neatly lined up and get a good impression of what fantasy is about, so I hope you won´t find it a waste of time to look up this (alas, not so short, ~ 8.500 words) article, even if you are familiar with what is published on my site.

Hope you enjoy: Fantasy - Definition, History, Characteristics and Meaning

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen